Salary: $22.00 to $28.00 /hour
Earthscape is recognized as an award-winning, Ontario-based landscape firm that specializes in high-end residential landscape design-build and maintenance. We are a well-established and dynamic firm with a wide range of skills and expertise.
What do we need?
We are looking for a Landscape Maintenance Gardener to run one of our Kitchener-Waterloo estate property maintenance teams. As foreperson, you will lead and manage a maintenance crew of 2-3 lead hands and labourers working at properties in and around Waterloo Region. You will be responsible for client communication, scheduling and hands-on field work.
Who are we looking for?
– have a passion for and solid knowledge of local plants, shrubs and trees and their respective maintenance needs;
– have more than three years of progressive experience in ornamental horticulture;
– enjoy working to high horticultural standards and motivate others to do the same; you do a job exceptionally well the first time with a smile and create a positive, high-energy work environment for others;
– are well organized and an effective communicator with great customer service;
– seek to work for an employer you are proud of; one who is highly regarded as an industry-recognized leader and one that offers career focussed growth;
– create and encourage a safe work environment for your colleagues;
– are comfortable operating all types of machinery and have a minimum G license (and preferably Class A restricted).
At Earthscape, education is valued alongside your experience, attitude, work-ethic and leadership skills. We support our employees in working toward academic certification whenever possible.
What’s in it for you?
This job offers the opportunity to work to maintain some of southern Ontario’s most beautiful residential landscapes. The pace, challenges and problem-solving opportunities mean you will never be bored. You will have the opportunity to develop and refine a wide variety of skills in our rapidly growing business. We will also work with you through a step-by-step onboarding process to ensure clarity of expectations that results in a win-win for everyone.
We believe in great compensation for great employees, and we reward our staff with a combination of:
– profit sharing and performance bonuses
– overtime pay
– award-winning projects and designs
– track record of excellent client relations (happy clients make our jobs more enjoyable too)
– up to date equipment, including trucks
– excellent on-the-job training in project management and site supervision
– no management hassles, and great colleagues
– benefits for full-time and regular seasonal employees